I found this looking through my journal, I realised that as humans we forget easily how much we have come through over the years.
When we take a look back to where we started from, it opens our eyes to see that the tough times did not break us in the past, the same hope that saw us through though times would keep us to experience better times.
This was questions I was asked and answers I gave then, they are still real in my life today.
How do you cope when you are tempted to give up?
– I pray and hand over whatever situation I am going through to God.
– I read my bible and look out for encouraging words and the promises of God.
– I speak to some people I trust and ask for prayer.
– I listen to pod cast from people who have gone through though times or are still going through some.
– It is very difficult at times but the Desire of wanting to have the will of God prevail in all that I do, keeps my focus on the cross as a constant reminder that Jesus suffered pain.
– He went through difficult times so he knows how I feel and would come to my rescue at some point.
– God’s timing is always perfect so I know holding on is better than giving up and regretting why I did not trust God enough to see me through whatever struggle I am going through.
– It is a blessing to have Ruth and James as my pastors, they are always there for me when things gets too difficult to cope with they are there to support me whichever way they can.
– Knowing that I have people here praying for me, gives me the strength to cope.
What does the word HOPE means to you?
– Romans 5:
5, And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.
– Hope for me is expecting something to happen, it is what gives me the motivation to wake up each day and to look up and trust God has a plan for my life and he would guide me to it.
– I look for his words from the bible that helps me increase trust in him and restore my hope in him each day.
– God has brought me this far by planting me in a church where I can be challenged to grow in my relationship with him.
– A church where I am encouraged to keep digging deep into his word.
– I know that without the love of God and his grace through Jesus, I would have no hope.
What single bible verse inspires you?
By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible.
I refuse to give up on hope because I have not seen the manifestation of physical healing, I know that Jesus has paid that price and nothing can change that.
My body sometimes feel like it is withering away, but that does not stand in the way of my hope in things to come.
Never loose hope, never give up, nothing remains the same for ever so things would surely get better.